Saturday, January 16, 2010

Italian Herb Bread

I served this bread with the stuffed shells (and a salad).  I didn't take a picture, but you know what bread looks like.  It came out great.  My breadmaker takes 3.5 hours from start to finish, so I timed it to be coming out at perfect timing, we ate a lot - it was delish!

This recipe is from the Oster recipe book that came with the machine.  This is for a 2lb loaf, made in a breadmaker.

1 1/4 cups water
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour (I only had 2 cups bread flour and supplemented with regular, it was fine)
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp dried parsley (I was generous w/all the herbs)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp active dry yeast

Put wet ingredients then dry.  Form well for yeast, avoiding contact with wet ingredients.  Use the "french" setting, and medium crust.  Press start.  Enjoy in 3.5 hrs!

No comments:

Post a Comment