Monday, June 28, 2010

Shrimp Fra Diavolo

We finally tried this out tonight - my roommate from college provided me this recipe in the recipe book the girls made for me for my wedding shower.  So delicious and easy!

1 lb large shrimp (avoid farmed, imported shrimp)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried crushed red pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
1-2 medium diced tomatoes
1/2 cup white wine
3 cloves chopped garlic
Handful of fresh basil and parsley

Toss shrimp with salt and red pepper.
Heat olive oil in skillet and add shrimp; cook for about 2 minutes, remove from pan.


Add onions to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes until browned.  Add tomatoes w/juices, wine, garlic and herbs (I put the garlic and herbs in the food processor and then added them).  Simmer for about 10 minutes.



Add the shrimp back in and serve with your favorite pasta - we used whole wheat spaghetti.

1 comment: